GSC 2023 abstracts
Abstract submission has now closed
A huge thank you to everyone that has submitted an abstract for GSC 2023. Submission has now closed and we will be announcing the full facts and figures soon, so please check back for the the latest update.
AO Spine Europe and Southern Africa Travelling Grants
A limited number of travel grants are available for GSC in Prague to AO Spine members from Europe and South Africa under the age of 40.
If your abstract is selected for oral presentation and you are an AO Spine Member from Europe and Southern Africa (<=40 years), you will automatically run in the selection for one of the five travelling grants.
The selected abstracts will be reviewed by the AO Spine ESA Board members. The five winners will get an award and present their papers to the AO Spine ESA Board Members in Prague. (in addition to the official congress abstract sessions).
Each grant winner will receive up to CHF 1'200 travel and hotel cost re-funded after GSC 2023.
Submit your abstract today!
Abstract submission Opens
Select your chosen topic.
July 1, 2022
September 26, 2022
Abstract submission closes.
Extended closing date! Any abstracts submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Notification of acceptance
Notifications of acceptance or rejection of the abstracts will be sent to the corresponding author (the presenter) of the abstract by this date at the latest.
November 23, 2022
December 19, 2022
Registration & Early-Bird deadline
All abstract presenters will be asked to reconfirm their attendance after receiving the notification. If you don't reconfirm your abstract presentation, register and pay the registration fee before this date, your abstract will be cancelled.
Accepted abstracts published in GSJ
Notes to abstract submission
Notification of acceptance
Notifications of acceptance or rejection of the abstracts will be sent to the corresponding author (the presenter) of the abstract by November 23, 2022 at the latest.
The corresponding author receives all correspondence concerning the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing all other co-authors of the status of the abstract. In order to receive confirmation, please ensure that emails from abstractGSC2023@oic.it are not marked as spam by your email provider.
All abstract presenters will be asked to reconfirm their attendance after receiving the notification. If you don't reconfirm your abstract presentation, register and pay the registration fee before December 19, 2022, your abstract will be cancelled.
Presentations of abstracts
The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the presenting author to present the abstract (if accepted) orally or as e-poster in the session and the time assigned by the GSC Executive Program Committee.
Abstract submission will be only accepted in English.
Publication of abstracts
Accepted abstracts will be published online in the Global Spine Journal.
All abstract presenters are automatically entered in the competition of the Abstract Awards. There are two awards. The winners will be announced on-site. The awards will be sent electronically after the congress.
Please take note of the following details:
- Abstract texts can only be uploaded as files with a .doc or .docx extension. (Max 1500Kb file size).
- You will not be able to write the text directly on-line.
- The submitter is not automatically the first author. If the submitter is also an author, please add the name and affiliation in the correct position.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted by the corresponding author. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author. Be careful that you enter your name and surname in the appropriate fields. Authors' list will be published exactly as submitted. Be sure that names and order are correct.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors' consent to publication (e.g. Global Spine Journal, abstract book on CD or USB, website, programs, other promotion, etc.).
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content provided to the Global Spine Congress. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
- Please follow the on-line instructions to upload the file correctly.
- The print size will be 12 point.
- The abstract should not exceed 500 words. This does not include the title and author's details.
- The abstract body should be uploaded as a text-only file; title, authors and affiliations should be entered only in the proper fields.
- The following subdivisions of your abstract are MANDATORY:
- Materials and Methods
- There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit
- One person may present a maximum of two (2) podium presentations at the Annual Meeting.
- There is no limit on the number of E-Posters presented at the Annual Meeting.
- It is permitted to be a co-author of an unlimited number of abstracts.
- Figures and tables are not permitted